Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The shadow

the tiny shadow of a fleeting black butterfly that is,
the world to me

insignificant, pure and impure thoughts of dying and meeting my flame engulf me
like crashing to a candle weakly burning
striking me

my cocoon is rotten and they do not see me for what i am truly
because i have left my cocoon
and what is left is a shadow of a burning black butterfly
_____________________________________________________

thanks to eunice
i think id rather choose to go up than to dig deeper

5 comments:

Legally Blunt said...

thank you for making me smile. this is a perfect ending to a tiring day. i told you, your poems are worth sharing... this isnt an "oh-come-on" poem, it's more like an "i-cant-help-it-that-im-talented" masterpiece. (winks)

sUperstaR_Q said...

hey joseph! you have such wonderful, deep thoughts going on. tc!

sumthinblue said...

:) haha... now THIS side of you i havent seen in a long time.

welcome back :)

Legally Blunt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Legally Blunt said...

oist Jots, hope you dont mind my posting your short story in my blog. anyway, what happened to your other entries? why dya erase 'em? "GOSH NAMAN" [inside joke] why not talk about the experience of eating Powerplant's "NACHOS WITH EVERYTHING"? Harhar...