Saturday, February 01, 2014

About the sea and whatever was in it.

My feet are resting high on the edge of a katig,
lucky to never ever be sea sick. 

A few seconds ago the horizon was limiting my vision,
and now I'm submerged stretching my breath unto rubber tubes and metal tanks.

And my eyes is dazzled
with colors unavailable to the ordinary tropical sky. 

Yellow coral green, neon echinoderm purple, and clown milky white and orange and an abyss darker than the night. 

but the sea is infinitely bigger, beyond the feet of lovers,
saltwater waves wash away, surfboards, sunblock, my flip flops and 

very precisely whatever we want it to wash away. 

The sand beneath the earth is wet and dry,
the mangrove roots are wet and dry, these hearts between tides
are actually never flat, they are always singing spot on note,

and we are all deeply drowned by it's majesty,
an expanse reflecting the universe into our hearts,
and sometimes simply feeding our bellies

with sushi, uni and seaweed. 

No comments: